Monday, March 31, 2014

Cooper Seth's 1st Birthday Party...


We try and make 1st birthday parties easy easy, inviting less people, spending less money and just celebrating one year of life with a new family addition.  I struggle with birthday parties in general, because what I really want is to celebrate my child, not to feel stressed by entertaining or spending a ton of money.  Anywho, something that stays consistent is we like to do something that our kids really like, regardless of age.  You know bounce party for Track, park party for Graham and what Coop really likes is ... to eat and be outside.  No better place to do both then Chicken Scratch. 
 

 
Of course, the weather had been wonderful here and then we got a "cold snap"... I feel like that's something smart my dad know about and say.  Here I am with sweet Coop Seth.  Check out that pile of Chicken and Waffles next to him. 

 
Some of our guests...
 
Mike pointed out that I would never have pictures of anyone other than my kids if it weren't for him.  That is so true...could I be any more rude.  What will be fun is to look back and see how "young" all the other people looked 10 years from now, not just at us.
 
Mikes mom and my mom... 
 
Granmom and Grandad...
 
Our oldest community kids...friends since birth... good thing kids don't care how cold it is when Popsicles are offered.  These pics make me realize how tall my boys are.  People comment on their height a lot, but to me they are just, you know - them.  They are younger then their respective counterparts in this picture, by a full year.
 
The only décor I did (gasp).  Mike offered to get the balloons...that giant one cost him $10... now that is highway robbery.  I mean $10 for a balloon is ridiculous...but it is cute...and I will no longer send Mike to pick up balloons, which was probably his big picture plan all along...


 
 Come on...he is the best...
 
Brother Bear One...
 
Whoa....Brother Bear Two... 
 
The Lord is answering my prayers and these guys are becoming best friends... PRAISE. HIM... 

 
Mom and Coop Seth... 
 
Another year, another Hail Merry Tart... 
 
 
Track Hummel...a man that CAN NOT resist blowing out a candle...a skill he mastered at his 1st birthday, leaving his brothers in the dust.


 
We all know Coop was not concerned about the candle blowing... 

 
My obligatory Kels and me pic...she keeps looking younger and cuter and I keep looking older and momier...Perf. 
 
All and all it was a fun and easy birthday.  Cooper Seth is by far my most relaxed baby, so this party suited him well.  He just took in the sights, smiled at people and didn't make a peep (even though it was nap time).  He is a peaceful child, an answer to prayer and my most tangible gift from the Lord to in 2013.
 
Lets Hear it for Cooper Seth Hummel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment