Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I will never be the same

I know of someone who is planning to start the abortion process tomorrow morning and there is no amount of talking, counseling, intervention, begging, offering to raise the baby or getting others involved that is going to change her mind.  Mike and I have known of this since Friday and it has been breaking our hearts all weekend and now into the week.  With abortion being legal in Texas, there is no other physical action to take.

The last conversation was had tonight.  Now the sole action is to pray that God spares this child and changes her heart.  I keep reminding myself that there are no surprises to Him and that He is good.  God is Sovereign all the time. 

It was said to Mike that we will never look at her the same, which has never been in question.  We will care and pray for her after the abortion in hopes that she will come to know the Lord through this awful situation.

The truth of the matter is, I will never look at Graham the same.  I am thankful for a loving God who called me to know Him and made this a choice I never considered making.  And I thankful to look into my sons eyes and know that, when I was pregnant, it was always Graham from the 1st day to 6 weeks to 20 weeks to 42 weeks.  I can't imagine not knowing him.



No comments:

Post a Comment