Sunday, June 24, 2012

Best friend in hospital...

This weekend Jodi came to town, only to be admitted to the hospital for a night.  Which you would think would be terrible, but in reality I got to spend more alone time with her (without kids, husbands, family, etc...) than I have in a few years.  It was great

Here's a sneaky pic...
Here's Jo looking really sick, reading Southern Living, getting some IV fluids and texting.  She got sick from working out too hard...she is hard core if you don't know her.  Apparently, doing CrossFit can give you dinosaur arms and make you need lots of fluids...who knew?

This here is the person my son is named after (maiden name: Jodi Maureen Graham & G's middle name is Maureen - der) and when I am with her I remember why.  She is thoughtful, gracious and kind - but most importantly she truly loves ME for ME (and she really knows me and still love me, essentially she is like Jesus) and she is FUNNY (side note:  I think Jesus was likely funny too)...
 
A few hours in the hospital and everyone will get funny.  Jo and I took this pic and sent it to some of our best friends with texts like...

"uh, oh - she's taken a turn for the worse"
"i think Jodi is going downhill" and
"jodi is on the verge"

I got texts back that said...
"starting prayer meeting and candlelight vigil"
"i think her tongue looks longer" and
"that's a bad sign"

I am laughing as I type this...our friends are really funny.

Jodi was my first taste of true friendship after I became a believer.

Jodi - I love you...more than I can express in words.  You have taught me so much in 10 years.  You have pointed me back to Christ in many ways that don't involve words (my favorite way for the record).  You are a true encouragement to me.  Thank you for choosing me to love when I really thought I might be unlovable.  Love- T

Now if you have known me over the last few years you know nothing speaks to my heart more than a sweet baby, especially one born to any of my friends. 

 This is the list I pray for every day. 

Lord please bring these children to know you...G, T, B, E, E, A, S, S, W, B

Let me introduce you to my W.

Whitten Hayes Harper
Isn't he the cutest thing you have EVER seen.   
Buddy, I am praying you to the finish line.  I love you.

Let's Hear it for People That Hit My Heart DEEP

1 comment: