Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas 2013....4 years, 2 years and 9 months

We I decorated, we I planned, we I shopped, we taught, we did activities, we Mike built, we took Christmas by storm this year. 
 
It was fun to have a mantle to decorate.  There are a few homemade items that I decorated with this year that were special to me.   1.  The needlework thing Mike's mom made at least 20 years ago, 2.  The Christmas Tree the boys drew by outlining their hands, 3.  The window from my grandpas barn and 4.  The "oh, come let us adore him" sign I made with Kels (and yes I realize now it should be "O" not "Oh" - It has character.

 
The dOOds made cookies.  It looks like Track may have been totally nakey for this event...not sure I even noticed.  It also appears that they made Christmas cookies in the shape of rocket ships, butterflies and bunnies.  I was obviously not at the helm during this commotion.  I must have been caring for my youngest dood...
 
Mike built and built and built for what seemed like a few days...we bought this "beaut" on Black Friday, and now one month after Christmas it only goes in reverse...ppfffttt.  We have to take it back this week and likely Mike is going to have to spend hours building another one....1st world problems central over here...
 
We learned.  This year Graham basically memorized the entire Christmas story advent.  I was super impressed with his memory - I'm not sure why I am still surprised with this guy.  I'm thankful to have had this advent for the last four years...
 
Christmas morning rolls around and we were ready...some thrift store cars leading the way to stockings, presents and joy...
 
I bought these cars for $4.99 at a second hand store an my boys play with them everyday.  Favorite Christmas toy...figures.
 
We were in a bit of a time crunch, so we woke the boys up at 8:30a... 
 
 
Following the car trail... 
 
Stopping to play with the cars... 
 
This one liked the cars so much that he wouldn't even check out his other gifts/ stocking... 
 
Sweet baby face... 
 
I am goading him to finish his stocking... 
 
Headlamps purchased by dad at Home Depot were a giant hit... 
 
We got the boys each a lego set, a board game, a craft set and some play dough.  Its so easy at this age...
 
 
 
 
Cooper Seth joined us at 9am... 
 
 
On to a special breakfast of bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls... 
 
The big boys didn't know they had one more surprise.  Mike and I hid a card in the Christmas tree that took them to ten different clues (way too many), which led them to the ultimate prize...
 
 
 
I really dressed up my nursing camisole with that infinity scarf... 
 
Everyone in...including muntey, muntey and graham dog... 
 
 
They loved this thing... 
 
In all, Christmas was the usual hurry, busy and not enough.  It seems like I tried to find joy in the wrong things and wondered why I felt stressed.  I was after the perfect gifts for the kids, the right lessons, the great activities, the "I need to DO more" cycle...when in reality the void can only be filled by Jesus - His birthday, His way.
 
His mercies are new every year morning.
 
Lets Hear it for Next Year

No comments:

Post a Comment