Friday, February 14, 2014

Scooters...

I'm about to share with you the best Christmas gift we all received this year. 
 
Now, what I really wanted was this...
 
I'm super serious about this.  I would like nothing more than to be able to ride around town with all of my kids in tow.  Imagine with me....1 adult seat (b/c Mike is a joy squasher), another seat behind me for G, a car seat for T and a bike trailer (with two seats ) for C and any future babe.  I know you are probably thinking its a safety issue, but I could totally do this - I'm in shape (sort of - well I'm not pregnant right now, so I'm in a good shape - kind of).  Any who - We could wear back packs and go to the store or to the library.  We could bike to friends houses around town.  The freedom would really be limitless.  After much consideration and research we had to rule this out (for now) - bc it would cost thousands (like $5K), so we decided on the poor mans option...SCOOTERS!
 
 
One of my girlfriends told me about Kick Scooters and they are amazing.  Track and Graham both got them for Christmas from my parents.
 
This is Grahams "go to" move...
 
 
Well apparently it is everyone's "go to" move...
 
 
 
 
Side Note:  My camera is full of these types of pics....love.
 
The best part about these scooters is that they make an adult version!!!
 
I found these "beauts" (plural because I made sure to buy Mike one also) on Craigslist for $75 for the pair!!  What...What!
 
The below pic is of me standing on my scooter and the big boys are both hanging onto the joy stick part.
 
We set off on our first adventure around the neighborhood.  We made it about a mile before Track wanted to "ride with me"...so on the way home Track was standing on my scooter, Coop was on my back and I was holding Tracks scooter in one hand and holding onto my joy stick thing with the other whilst scooting us home...it was quite the site.  AKA - best day of my life.
 
I'm not quite the crazy lady with a basket full of bread who cruises around the area offering it to young children...but I am oh so close.
 
Lets Hear it for Throwing Safety to the Wind in the Name of Fun
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment