Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Brave...

I have seen tenacity manifested in my 2 year old child recently and willingness to change in my 4 year old.  Sometimes I look at these guys and I think "whoa, they have every quality I only wish I had".  Maybe I started out with the same set and then the world/ life happened...
 
I no longer feel brave or risky and its a long road to effectively change anything in my life.
 
Then I ran across a picture...
 
Talk about brave and tenacious... I got myself dressed (in a beefy tee, no less) 3 days after I had Cooper Seth and went to a birthday party for Mikes grandmother who turned 90.  That's right people 3 DAYS!!!  Now that is BRAVE.
 
In all seriousness, what a milestone to live 90 years of life and raise 4 kids.  We wanted to make sure and celebrate Grandma Kaye and her life so we ventured out...looking back I was certainly in a little bit of a haze.  Also, how smart was I to carry Coop in the Ergo to hide some of my swollen baby belly...WISDOM abounds over here.
 
As the years roll on I have learned many lessons...one in particular stands out... dont miss an opportunity that may only come once.  I am frequently tempted to cancel this or cancel that for the sake/ comfort of my kids or myself.  I know better now...I have missed the chance to say good bye in person and have opted out of celebrating milestones with friends and family...no longer will I be that person...im changing my ways. Demonstrated by stepping out 3 days after a baby came out of my body people. 
 
Lets Hear it for being Brave and Making Changes

1 comment:

  1. This IS super brave.... except that you don't look like you just had a baby. And for that, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete