Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

So my grand idea for Father's Day was to get Graham and Mike matching Mavs championship t-shirts.  Great idea, right?

Problem #1:  Apparently most toddlers don't care that the Mavs won a championship - or at least they don't want to flaunt it by wearing an appropriate sized t-shirt., b/c NO one makes a 2T Mavs shirt.  I could find onesie's, but if you know Mike he does NOT think there is a event of any type that would warrant the wearing of onesie by a 1 and a half year old.

Problem #2:  All the championship shirts are Sponge Bob Squareshirts.  They are stiff, shaped like giant boxes and the graphic is super blah.

Solution:  The Mavs should hire me to "do some stuff" for them and make them a  lot of money b/c I bet they barely tun a profit.  That would however, take away from my "doing stuff" for a few hours at my own job, so maybe it won't work out.

So for Fathers Day, we ended up getting Mike and overpriced vintage Mavs t-shirt, some Jack Black Beard Lube and G got some matching Mavs Toddler socks.  That's right I said Toddler socks, so they make socks but no T's, hmmmm...   You know it is a good gift when they put the shirt on, use the new shaving cream and hand me the baby socks knowing "I know what drawer G's socks go in" (as if I have changed his sock drawer since he was born).

G waiting to be "invited" to open Da Da's present.


Reading the card (as if he had never seen it before).


Attack of the giant, drooling German baby.  Hide your stuff, your friends and your children.


I've said it before, but my husband is a great dad and we are lucky to have him.

Let's Hear it for my Boyz.



No comments:

Post a Comment