Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shout Out to Karen...

My Mother in Law got me the kindest gift a week or so ago and I finally found the perfect place for it.  It was such a sweet reminder of encouragement at the time.  It makes me aware that I can do all of the various things I am called to do, but only with the Lord's strength. 

Here's a secret (not anymore) fact about me - I DONT LIKE writing thank you notes, unless I am deeply feeling the urge and I have something to say.  Otherwise I just write a bunch of stuff to fill the card that is kind of true and I know you are going to toss it the minute you skim over it. 

So all that to say...Karen - THANK YOU - this was a really thoughtful gift.  I love seeing it as I walk down the hall towards our bedrooms.


One more thing that Karen has done that has been such a blessing to me is this...


It's a giant scrap book that I pull out ALL OF THE TIME to see how much the boys look like Mike.  You can tell that this thing was a labor of love...it follows Mike's life from being born to graduation.  Come on we all know that these things are SO HARD to keep up with, but I am so glad she did.  I really love it and it was such a sweet gift to get when Mike and I got married.  I hope to be as diligent in "preserving memories" for my family.

  

Did I even birth my children?  How is it that they both look just like their daddy?

What's also really amazing...is that Karen is the ultimate torch bearer, the pictures above are Mike and his first mom, Donna who died of cancer in her 30's.  So Mike's mom, Karen, took the kids books, saw them to completeion and included very sweet momentos from their mom.  So kind.

So in an effort to say "Thank you" with Mother's Day around the corner...

Karen-

I so appreciate you loving me through caring for my family and specifically for your role in "raising up" my sweet boys.  Thank you for all the memories that you preserved for a wife just like me, well actually - me.  I hope and pray our relationship continues to grow closer and closer as we "figure each other out".

I love you.
Happy Upcoming Mother's Day.

Love-
Tara

Let's Hear it For Karen Sue

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And I cannot believe how much especially Graham looks like Mike as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I knew they looked alike, but did not remember them actually being twins. If the pictures didn't look old and the outfits clearly 80's, I don't even know if I could tell them apart. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on your blog today and this story of the memory book being finished by Mike's mom totally made me cry. That's just really awesome. What can I say, I'm a total mush! (And now more motivated than ever to keep working on my boy's baby books.)

    ReplyDelete