Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trackers 2nd Berfday Par Tay...

Trackers had his 2nd birthday party this past Saturday.  My hope with birthday parties is that I always do something that my kids really like at their current stage.  What's better for Track then a jump house place???  It's not much for decorating...I mean I was working with a giant purple party room.
 
 
I love to decorate with pictures so I can see how much he has grown and add a few intentional things to remember what he liked at this stage.  I often ask myself why...because he will probably never look at these and then when I die someone will throw them all away...morbid I know, but so true.  I just want him to know I tried to make it special...just for him.
 
 
 
Ah, the party favors.  Mike was in charge here...so everyone go a slap bracelet.  I pushed back a little at first, but then I saw that my kids love them and Mike is known for being more "fun" than I am.  So I overlooked that they said "I love bacon" and out they went.
 
 
 
Don't buy into the cool Tie Dye balloons...in reality they almost all turn out white.  Word to the wise.  Oh, also note to self...paper straws so cute, but not tall enough for water bottles.  However, I did buy a helium tank this year and it make decorating super easy.  I mean balloons at my house...no ordering them or going to pick them up...efficient.
 
 
 
Brother with miss-matched socks.  Always something when I let Mike them bring them alone so I can decorate.  Last year Mike cut Track's sleeves off before he got to his pool party - not good.
 
 
Brother Bears... 
 
My dad with the two newest babies...two weeks a part.  She is petite and Coop is ready for high school football...
 
Giant slide...big hit for toddlers - very unforgiving for adults.  I felt all jammed up the next day and every adult bold enough to "play" had slide burns
 
Linda and Tommy made the carrot cake for us...it was the best I have ever tasted.  Their daughter is just about the most beautiful little thing I have ever seen...bailey bailey grace as my G calls her.
 
Track LOVES the happy birthday song... 
 
 
 
Classic Kelsey face... 
 
 
The guy in the back right is Tyler, my 16 year old "attendant" who faithfully stood awkwardly in our party room the whole time...poor thing. 
 
Of course, I did a terrible job at recording our friends...but here is Scott and EK.  I wanted to document this picture because I have pictures of Scott and Mike when they turned 5 at a "backwards" party which are hilarious... 
 
Sweet Lauren and her husband...Miss Lauren watches the boys while I work during the week.
 
Grand Mom and Grand Dad... 
 
In all seriousness, I could not pull off birthday parties without Kelsey's help.  Her hair is cray cray... as usual.
 
Track upset with Kel-Key
 
Opening presents late that evening...dump truck was the BIG winner... 
 
Wow, I just re-read this post and my captions really got weaker and weaker
 
Too. Many. Pictures.
 
Lets Hear it for an Easy Party with a Cute Boy and a Scratched Face

No comments:

Post a Comment