Friday, September 6, 2013

Track is TWO TWO TWO...

My spunky Trackers turned two a few weeks ago.  We had a great birthday party, but I wanted to make the actual day special for him also.  We started off the morning with a balloon trail and a room "full" of balloons.  Do you realize how many balloons it takes to fill up a room?  I obviously petered out at half full, but there was no love lost.  Also, notice my cute BIRTYDAY sign?  Come on Target...you forgot the H.  Oh well, maybe we will think it is funny every year?
 
 
Good morning birthday boy...
 
We had to wake him up at 9am and he was NOT feeling it...no shock here...he is not much of a morning guy...
 
Once we finally got him out of bed it was down the hall with blankies and monkey monkey to see the balloons... 
 
 
 
 
I asked Mike to put two balloons on his breakfast chair...look at how he tied them, guys are funny... 
 
Breakfast of Hummel boys...eggs, toast and grapes... 
 
Grandparents came over to wish the sweet boy Happy Birthday... 
 
Then when Mike got home and everyone woke up from naps we let Track pick his birthday dinner...so to every boys favorite restaurant we went...Panera Bread.
 
 
Track said the blessing for his birthday, which is probably an etiquette no no, but it doesn't get any more precious then the jibbering of a toddler prayer.
 
Below is how every meal ends up with Track at this age...ON. THE. TABLE.  I would say that it annoys me, but most of the time I love it.  This phase will pass and I will eventually wish they were small again to finish their meal ON the table...I'm sure of it.
 
Next out to the fountain to play... 
 
 
 
We got home a little late and Trackers was worn out... 
 
This is what Track does when you ask him to "be sweet" to Coop.  
 
Graham, of course, cant give up the lime light...so he needed to be sweet to the baby also.  Seriously, everyone loves Coop. 
 
Graham and I made some cupcakes for Track while he was napping...the way he is eating it captures the essence of Track Noah... 
 
 
 
 It was a fun birth DAY.  On this day two years ago we squealed into the hospital in full on labor in the most pain I have ever experienced to have this energetic guy join our family.  Now two years later this child has turned the corner and has suddenly gotten easier to raise.  He some how went from saying 5 words to what seems like hundreds.  Now he TELLS me what he wants, no more guessing...so much easier.  He is playing with his brother more and more, which I can only ascribe to fierce prayer.  Thank you Jesus for hearing me.  I'm not sure I believed this day would come.  In so many ways he has a personality I have longed to have.  He is funny and risky, but not complicated.  What I wouldn't give to be uncomplicated.  I bet I will learn the most from this guy.
 
He also has taken a turn on the "attached to mama" train.  He has always been a passenger but now he wants to just live on the train.  I don't mind...I love being with this boy.
 
I think 2 years old is my favorite age.  Its like you cross from "baby hard" to "toddler fun".
 
I'm looking forward to many more years of refinement from this guy.
 
Let's Hear it for Two Year old Track

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! And HOLY CRAP you look gorgeous - is that how you wake up in the morning??

    ReplyDelete