Thursday, November 8, 2012

We were selling the house...

and it SOLD... 
 
We put the house on the market a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and had two full price offers by that same Friday.  Wowzers.  Apparently, the housing market in Richardson is HOT HOT HOT.  I also know this because there are NO houses on the market to BUY BUY BUY.  So at the end of this month we are moving out of our first home and into....well, really we have no idea. 
 
Here is what she looked like on her last days.
 
 
Front yard that we landscaped amateurly and professionally 1600 times.  I will not miss you and your dying ways.  Porch swing, you will be dearly missed.  This is where we sit and stay while we wait for Mike to get home or where I take a fussy baby to calm down.  Who am I kidding...I'm packing it up, packing it in, and taking it with me.
 
Entry Way...where I pile all kinds of stuff to "return" or "remind" (ie. Mikes wallet). 
.
 
The Dining Room.  I will not miss the color I messed up 4 times on the wall.  Nor will I ever try a "yellow" again.  However, we have had some pretty eventful dinners in this space with the little boys.  I will always remember sitting at this table, in this room, for breakfast every morning with the boys and talking about the day and thanking the Lord for Mommy and Daddy and Track and Graham. 
 
Oh the Window...  I will probably miss this window the most.  This is where we watch for daddy to come home and I snoop out whats going on in the neighborhood.  Many a good conversation, with a friend, has been had sitting in this window while the boys napped. 
 
Laundry Room...I will not miss the tight space and elevated washer and dryer.  So high when I am pregnant, which is ALWAYS, that I can't get in washer.  But it has been worth having an easy to fix pier and beam house that you can get into the crawl space, which is directly under the washer.
 
Living Room.  I bought those bar stools with bestie Jodi for $5 each or something close to that.  She told me at the time they were probably worth $45 or something.  She ALWAYS knows what she is talking about or at least how to make me hurry and make a decision...DEAL DEAL DEAL
 
 
 
The Kitchen.  I still love these cottage style cabinets.  I'm going to take them too. 
 
Note to self...Microwave under the counter - not convienient, but nice looking. 
 
 
Master Bed Room.
 
Master Bath...I will NOT miss you.  You don't function right and it is our fault.  No storage space, no counter space and no place for shampoo and the like in the shower.  Bad design.  Sorry about that.  I can count the number of times we have showered in here.  Hence why you get the award for cleanest room in the house. 
 
Guest Bath...I have good memories of bathing the babies, brushing their teeth and potty training in here, but you are a bath room and you stay pretty dirty - so for that - I won't miss you.  Another note to self, do not buy a TV stand for a sink vanity...stOOpid and also silly.
 
Mike built us this deck when I was pregnant with Graham in 2009 and it has been a great place of refuge for us in nice weather.  Mike loves to read on the deck in the morning and now that the boys are old enough they love to be outside.  I will miss this spot, but not too much - I will just get Mike to build us a new one. 
 
This has been a wonderful first home.  We have been here 6 years.  We renovated, got our first puppy, brought home two babies and the Lord blessed us with a third pregnancy here.  It has been a good place, but it is time to move on.  More space, less chaos and a new start in the Reservation or Prairie Creek.
 
Let's Hear it for Our 1st Home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. "Another note to self, do not buy a TV stand for a sink vanity" so funny, I would never have thought that without you saying it. Greatness. Can't wait to see the new Hummel home. Maybe you should have your next baby there!

    ReplyDelete