Saturday, May 4, 2013

Second Hand Saturday...

Mike was out of town today so I loaded up the boys for a Starbucks morning and noticed all the great garage sales going on (who knew?).  We drove around and kept adding stuff (aka -other peoples kind of crappy  junk) to the back of my truck.  By the time I was driving home the buyers remorse was setting in.  So I called my BFF Jodi, who knows all things about 2nd hand value (see bar stools from 2003)..and she seemed to think that I scored big - maybe even saving Mike approximately $90.00.  He will likely thank me for the extra thriftiness when he gets home.  Ill make sure to report back on how happy he is about the extra "plastics" in the back yard. :)
 
 
Purchase #1 - $5.00 - Police Cozy Coupe (aka: totally boss)
 
Purchase #2 - $15.00 - Half Sand Half Water Table
I may have over paid for this gem, but for some really strange reason I got nervous when it came time to negotiate and just paid full price.  The guy selling it was no more than 8 years old.  What's wrong with me? 
 
 
Purchase #3 - $5.00 - Push Car Thing
 
So, $25.00 for an afternoon of new things to play with - SUCCESS.
 
So successful my big guy even did some "dance moves - dance moves".

  
 
Be still my heart
 
 
Money can't buy happiness or love or anything, blah blah - but today money bought us some joy, good pictures and fun memories.
 
Let's Hear it for Cold Hard Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment