Friday, November 12, 2010

Moving on...

HATE saying goodbye to Graham's baby stuff.  I know, I know - all phases are good (thank you for this gem of knowledge - people that feel the need to point out how all phases are great, so I shouldn't be sad - REALLY? - I will also add this to the "really smart things to say list").

Anywho - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Baby Bijorn.  I wore it to the grocery store, on walks, to the dog park, antique shopping, etc.  I was wearing it just last month.  I would continue to wear if it didn't break my back and give me chronic shoulder problems because my once small babe is now a beefer.  People have looked at me with the "oh mam, he is too big for that" eyes and I am finally caving and saying goodbye.  After all, all these people are way better parents then I am, so I am taking their passive advice and giving up the Bijorn (I mean he is almost as big as me). 

So, Goodbye Bijorn, I will miss your hands free assistance.



WAIT A MINUTE. 

They" make a carrier that is rated to 40lbs or 3 years.  That's right 3 years - what what!  I literally sped to the store and bought it!  So, say hello to my new Ergo Carrier (did I mention it's organic - holla).


  That's right, passive eye lookers, eat your heart out - I will wear G until he is 3 or maybe even 4.  I might even take him to kindergarten in the carrier.  Judge if you will, but having a large baby on my back is priceless in comparison to lugging a stroller around, or not getting to go to my favorite stores b/c the isles aren't wide enough, or having both hands free.  Not to mention I love having him that close to me and he LOVES it too.  So, Mr. and Mrs. Glaring Eye Roller Rollers...don't judge I could be breastfeeding in the carrier (you really can do that in this thing) - hmmm, something to think about.

Consider this G (with a 90's chili bowl) and me on his first day of kindergarten (after I wanter the morning pansies -right?).  And remember you aren't carrying the 40lb kid - I am!


Let's Hear it for the Organic Ergo Carrier!

1 comment:

  1. No, no, no, no. And no.
    Maybe I'm jealous though because back in my day when I was a youngin we didn't have them nifty gadgets.

    ReplyDelete