Thursday, November 18, 2010

You be the Judge.

This morning I am straightening up the house, as usual, for the nanny to come over.  It's like cleaning up so when the housekeeper comes to clean she won't think you are a slob.  Same thing here, I don't want her to think we are disgusting, so I run around and stuff things in drawers and put a bunch of junk in Mike's office, etc.  Well she comes every day at 9:30a.  It's around 9:25a and I am picking up the bathroom when I notice this...

Oh CRAP - literally!

I immediately realize these are the last two rolls of toilet paper in the house and they each have approximately a half revolution of paper left.  No time to go to the store.  Can't borrow from a neighbor in the few minutes I have before she shows up.  I am thinking to myself "How can I not get it together enough to have backup "teeps" or Kleenex or something?"  She is definitely going to know we don't have it together now -(I have hidden it so well to this point.)

I already told her the day before to use the last of Graham's travel wipes, because I ran out of those too - so that's not an option (not that it was really viable in the first place).

So here is my solution...

Just a few casual kitchen napkins hanging out with the sad rolls. 

In poor taste or resourceful? - you be the judge. 
I mean what was I supposed to do? 

Jules - I don't think you read my blog, but if you do - I AM SO SORRY (and mortified) - how embarrassing.  I literally did not have a better solution. 
I'm disgusting.

Let's Hear it for anyone but Me. (singing sadly and softly to myself)

2 comments: