Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I've been doing stuff...

It has taken me awhile to get back to being productive and I STILL wake up and thank the Lord that I am done being pregnant (this time)!

Now that I am getting a touch more sleep and not suffering through the hottest summer EVER with an extra 35 L B's.  I am being my typical over-achiever self and actually completing some of the projects on my to do list.  Interested?  No?  I don't know what could be more interesting that my stay at home projects.  Please follow me....

First on the list...Organize Graham's clothes for Track.  This way I don't have to dig through a giant bin and look at every tag every 3 months.  I also packed up Track's newborn clothes.  I mean - I know he is huge, but I can't believe he is already on to 3 month clothes.


Second up...I finally got around to making Graham a "matching" game, that I thought of (stole from someone elses blog) a year ago.  All while I was watching the Ranger's lose last night - blah.  It cost me $2.50 for the clothes pins and everything else was free - thanks home depot or actually behr paint.


So I get these done and realize - this is going to be way too hard for Graham right now.  Oh, contrar moo frare (what?).  I don't know what that means, but I think that saying in my head a lot. 
Graham was extra excited, because he loves anything he can squeeze - chip clips, magnets holding my very important stuff, balloon clips, etcHe took the "cwose" pins off. 

Lined up the cards - "A type" (in vibrato)

And started matching the colors - what?  There is like one degree of separation in the shades.  Mike's comment last night was...."I think that would be hard for me".  This is after he asked me if I bought every color of paint on the clothes pins.  No honey, I took one extra paint swatch and cut out the clothes pin shape and glued it on them.  Geez.

What might be hard for my 32/ 33 year old husband - not for this serious little man.  How old are we...32 or 33, I lose track?  Anywho, we did this over and over again. 

It was such a success, I am going to do a blog giveaway.  If you would like to own your own set of paint cards with matching clothes pins, please sign up to be a follower and leave me a comment about what you like most about my blog/ kids/ me.  JUST KIDDING - I don't know how to do all that and no one wants paint cards - come on.  I'm laughing out loud right now.  I always see people give things away on their blogs, like Kitchen Aid Mixers, Cameras, Gift Cards, Dogs, etc...so I'm pretty sure people would want free Home Depot paint cards, made into a really fun toddler matching game.  AMAZING.

I felt like a good mom today - I made something that he REALLY likes. 
After all, that's what being a good  mom is, right? 

And last for now...I made a "Thankfulness" display/ window/ felt board (ha) for Graham.  I actually have 30 or so of these moral virtue/ character cards and I thought I would start with one he could grasp.  So here it is.


In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thess 5:18

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,and sing praises to His name, O Most High.  Ps 92:1

We say the verses in the morning and we add a few things here are there that we are thankful for.  Graham really likes to say "I am thankful for...Mama, Dada, Track, Graham and Puppy".  We have added Jesus, the Bible, Grandmom and Grandad, then he made a special request........when I would say "I am thankful for", he would fill in with Mommies Puppy, Regular Puppy and Haircut - so on the window they went.

I don't know how much he is retaining, but it is a fun and easy way for me to be intentional with teaching him scripture and character.  I am moving on to a new quality next week and plan on keeping everything on the window together so we can cycle back through it and add to it as we go.  This one has been up for two weeks and he is not near as interested as he was in week one, so in true toddler form I need to move on fast to hold his interest.

I'm sure you are wondering what the little little is up too.

Just kickin it in my jeans, vans, and scratch mittens while checking out my mobile.

Let's Hear it for their mom....Let's Hear it for MEEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment