Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The view I love the most...


Imagine this...your running (at the breakneck speed of likely 15mph) post birthing two over 8b babies.  Your lungs are burning, your quads are quaking and on top of it all the requests start rolling in like waves.  "Mama book?....mama raisins?....mama drink?....mama run?.....mama walk?".  To which I say..."what do you say?" (breathlessly).....PWEASE from the right.  Grant requests (handing books, raisins, sippy cup, but not walking). Then the crying starts from the left side of the stoller....insert paci while still running (skillz).  More requests from the right...."mama motorcycle?...mama moon?...mama, dada home?....mama, bah bah black sheep?".   Oh no! - we lost a sock and a scratch mitten on the left....circle around, pick up sock and stuff in pocket...no one should just wear one sock.  Put the lost one on or pull the other off?....what to do?  Put on sock, no one likes cold feet.  Continue running, while reading "where is spot?, in the closet..NO"....breathing hard, reading in between breaths (took me at least a minute to read 4 words)...insert paci...keep going....almost there...telling Graham we only have 2 more minutes of this amazing 30 min trot, as if he cares at all.  Doing the  math in my head for the last two minutes...G= 30lb + T=11lb + Stroller=20lb + My Whining = 75lbs + Shoes = 5lbs = Total 3,000lbs I must be pushing.  Finally Done.  Can't breath, Mike asking me "if m going to make it" - RUDE.  I birthed your giant kids, don't you have to be nice to me!

It's been two days since my first attempt at running with two littles...I'm sore, but determined.  It should get easier, right?  I'm not so sure - but I have looked at the above picture at least 50 times and if running means I get this view - then running it is.

let's hear it for MY babies. 
(emphasis on my - i love these guys)

No comments:

Post a Comment