Friday, October 21, 2011

Two Years Old...

My Firstborn Son...Bubba...Mister Mans...Sugar Bear

Two years already gone by...possibly the best and most sanctifying two years of my life.  I never thought being a mom was a job I could be good at or was cut out for.  As it turns out I have never and will likey never have a a job I love more.  And looking back over two years, I am a better mom than I thought possible, I am better at loving Christ, my husband, my family and my friends because of this dear child. 

I have learned that my past does not dictate my childrens future.  That my habits, hurts and hang ups can be stopped at me and not passed on to them.  The Lord has granted me wisdom, discernment and many answered prayers on how to be intentional and how to love this little person supernaturally.  There is no greater description of Christ's relationship with us than having a child depend on you for his every need and loving him unconditionally.

Graham, if you ever read this...I have loved you for two plus years and your mama will ALWAYS love you.  I'm your person...until you call the Lord YOUR Savior and until you marry that sweet woman we are prayig for...I'm your person.

10.30.2009

10.30.2010

10.30.2011

Lord, this is your child and I trust you with his life.  I don't know the number of days I will get to spend with him, but I thank you for the blessing of two years.  Please let me have the rest of my life loving him and looking at his sweet smile.

Let's Hear it for my Baby, Let's Hear it for Graham.

1 comment:

  1. Graham is lucky to have a mama like you. And you are lucky to have a friend who is SUPER talented in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete