Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We are now professional...

I had been telling Mike I wanted to get professional pictures done of G for awhile, so he surprised me with a photo shoot for my birthday.  I have been putting it off for so long, because the process to "get ready" for the photo shoot is overwhelming to me.  So he surprised me with it the day before and we scrambled to pick something to wear and decided to wing it.  

My guess is that only works if the photographer is AMAZING!

  Here are a few of my favorites.







I love the way they turned out.  Aurora really captured  the personality and casualness of our family.  I would like to pledge to have her chronicle my family for the rest of our lives, in sickness and in health.  I DO.  In fact, Aurora Amaya, will you marry me?

In all seriousness, Aurora is a "destination wedding" photographer.  She is extremely talented, and we lucked out by being friends with her and begging a favor of her to take G's first professional pictures.  I hope that we can continue to recruit her talent as G grows, but she is extremely busy with way bigger fish to fry.

Aurora - Thank you, with all sincerity.  I really love the pictures, can't stop looking at them and am so thankful for your time, patience, kind spirit and God given talent. 

One more thing Aurora, If I put my wedding dress on and make G wear a tiny man suit can we be "featured" on your website?  In case you were thinking of saying yes (which I am sure you were) - I can't, my wedding dress has a giant poop brown stain on it from a 64oz chocolate protein shake (someone, Mike Hummel - stained my dress, and now my chance at stardom on a wedding photography website is over.) 


Mike - Thank you for hearing  my request for pictures, finding and amazing photographer and making this happen for our family.  Your laid back attitude mellows my A- Typeness and I am blessed to have you constantly seeking out new ways to love and serve me and our son.  I love you - best birthday gift EVER!

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS (top of my lungs singing)

5 comments:

  1. First.... awesome photos. Second..... I can't believe sleeping beauty took them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kayla...so glad you comment on this blog and not others. Also, LOVE the color one on the couch! Now, answer me this question...instead of a groom's cake, did he have chocolate protein shakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nanny K, and yes we know a lot of Disney Princesses.

    Erin- We got married in August and on a budget so we did have protein shakes and then the guys lifted weights on the dance floor. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at all these comments. way to rep Carpent..Elli..girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these! she did a fantastic job. g-man totally rocked it as baby model.

    ReplyDelete