Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One more thing...

This year I decided to give out pencils for Halloween instead of candy.  My husband totally lost his mind when I came back from the store with pencils.  This is my thought...kids get a ton of candy and I always thought it was fun to get something different that I could use to spice up my school day (I was an amazing kid).  Also, I went to the dollar store and the candy there looked awful and I certainly was not going to venture to another store to buy over priced candy that WE DO NOT NEED IN THE HOUSE.  $5 for 50 pencils - sign me up!


Mike swore my pencils were going to be rejected.  He even asked some random ladies at Starbucks if they thought pencils were the worst idea ever, to which they totally backed me up.  Mike was STILL losing his mind about the pencils the day of Halloween, which is not normally like him - STRANGE.  He came home with $30 of candy (which I will take out of his blow money for Nov) and decided we could hand out pencils and candy.  WHATEVER!

EVERY person I handed a pencil to had something nice to say, "hey mom, a pencil - YES", "oh wow, a pencil", "thanks for the pencil" and on and on it went.  Mike heard all of these comments and swears that if the pencils were riding solo the response would have been shame and embarrassment.  I wish he would just admit he was wrong! 

From this day forward all you tricker treaters can look forward to something other than candy from my house.  You're welcome in advance.

Let's Hear it for the Standard #2.
(Let's be honest, there is no way they are regulation #2's from the dollar store - Whatev)
Here's to jamming up Scantrons across Richardson.

PS.  We still have FOUR bags of candy left.  Maybe that's why we look like this....

 Cute pic, but check out our thighs...HUGE.  Bad camera angle plus weird porch swing angle = our bottoms don't match our tops (we hope that's the problem).  Maybe we have that body dismorphic disease thing- nah. 

1 comment:

  1. "Here's to jamming up Scantrons across Richardson" -- and they jam our electronic pencil sharpeners. The secretary is going to get you!

    ReplyDelete