Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bye Bye Bassinet...

Time to put my favorite piece of baby furniture away....until next time bassinet. 

 I really do love you.  Thank you for holding my tiny babies safely and for looking so darn cute.  Don't get me wrong, you are kind of dangerous, which is why they don't sell you anymore, but I trust you - remember that - I believe in you.  I am packing you away with your friends, jungle bouncy seat and jungle play mat - try not to get annoyed...it will be hard.  Hopefully we will come get you sooner than later and I am sorry in advance for the heat in the garage.  It will be a hot (blazing) summer, just put your head down and power through - no chipping or pealing and no animal inhabitants, please.  So until next time....I bid you farewell (like Sound of Music - right?).

  
This guy doesn't seem old enough for a big bed (bigger crib), but he is standing and cruising like crazy and Mike and I (Mike more than me) are terrified he is going to flip over the rail.  I already miss having a tiny baby in the house - jeez.  People say it all the time...but really time flys.  It seems like I was just pregnant, which I guess I was...I digress.  Each stage seems to get better, but I need to figure out a way to enjoy these times EVEN more.  Maybe I should quit my job (j/k kels - well maybe).  Who knows the key to maximizing enjoyment during this season?  Please leave me a comment.

Also, to those of you who feel inclined to ask, "you're done, right?" (which is not really a question, by the way) - NO WE ARE NOT DONE (Lord willing).  In this house children are a blessing and we think we can handle and would like more.  If you only want two, great - but don't  impose your magic number on me by making me feel like my children are going to be terrible and drive me crazy any minute.  Not a burden, BLESSINGBOOYA 

Lets Hear it for Time

3 comments:

  1. You quit, I quit. Our boosmen would be devastated. Who else would keep their mini fridges stocked with Diet Coke and make Mother's Day brunch reservations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for that last paragraph! It annoys me so much when people say things like that! I love your mama spirit.

    ReplyDelete