Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vacation Day 4

The last day of our vacation rolled around and we were NOT ready to leave.  I can't remember the last vacation I have been on that I wasn't ready to come back to my house, my bed, my routine, whatever.  I really could have stayed a few more days.  I LOVED being with my family and away from all of our daily distractions.  Here are a few more pictures of Miss "Darweens" VRBO property.  If you know anyone traveling to Albuquerque it is worth looking in to.  It was perfect for our family of four...3 bedrooms/ 2 baths and clean clean clean...so much cleaner than my house (seriously, I know it's not that hard, but it really made my vacation).




No busy streets and concrete, just pretty views and nature right outside our windows.

Mike planned for us to take the Tram at Sandia Peak - the longest/ tallest tram in the world (I think).  Anyway, we crammed on this thing with the boys and about 30 other people.  In my opinion it was approximately 105 degrees in the tram and the operator kept yelling at people to stop talking and listen to his tour guiding speech.  Really, sir?  Ok, so we are on this thing it is going up over the mountain and then over a giant valley.  It was a 20 minute ride, plenty of time to be extra anxious about my toddler sitting on a strange mans shoes, trying to open the same mans "pack pack" and leaning precariously against the doors over a ravine the size of the Grand Canyon.  I was SWEAT...ING and Sir, He is just a tiny guy - don't get so mad about your "pack pack".



We FINALLY get to the top and it is BEAUTIFUL.  Graham was fascinated by the giant wheels that operated the tram - almost as much as his obsession with fans.



We tried hiking, but the terrain was flat and straight down, which means we would have to come back up with the boys on our backs (literally) - so we opted out and just had lunch on top and did a bit of exploring.  Mike introduced Graham to snow on the top of the mountain, so they put together some "snowy balls" and practiced throwing them.  It was sweet to watch the amazement in G's eyes about something brand new to him.

After the Tram excursion we had a few hours before we needed to be at the airport, so we headed over to the children's museum...Explora.  Graham loved the different activities.



This contraption was his favorite.  It was like a giant mouse trap game. 


Not pit sweat - just got too involved with some water activities.

Ok...time to head to the airport...

Let's Hear it for Day 4

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! Ok a few things: 1) that place looks uber relaxing and amazing. I want to go. 2) your boys are so darn cute. and hilarious. 3) glad to know that wasn't pit sweat. was a little worried there for a second.

    ReplyDelete