Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vacation Day 1 Night and Day 2:

So we get to town on Thursday, everyone survived the travel and we get settled into our VRBO, which was really awesome...3 bed/ 2 bath with amazing views.



Mike had a work event that night, so it was just me and the little guys.  We had dinner on the porch while T took a nap.  I love this first picture...this child had A LOT to say.  I love having conversations with him.  This one was about not touching cactus and getting band aids.  PS.  My big guy with typically curly Texas hair had pencil straight hair because it is SO dry in New Mexico.



After Dinner Graham wanted to "swim" in "Miss Darweens" (Darlene - the owner of the home) jacuzzi bathtub.  Although he was terrified of the actual jets, which who can blame him...the bath tub at home doesnt typically shot a jet so strong it could blow him across the tub.  I give him kudos for letting me turn it on.



Both boys went to bed fairly easily...which I was pretty worried about, but I think with all the traveling and change they were both tired.  Granted Track did wake up to eat once or twice, but hey that's nothing new for this child.

The next morning Mike had breakfast with us...

and then he had to go do one more work thing and he left me with these, matching jammie,  guys...


This day, Friday, was by far the most challenging for me.  Even though I packed lots of activities, trying to entertain 2 boys in a home with no toys and a landscape that you can't really play in (cactus, rocks, stickers, and critters - so says miss darween) was tiring.  We rolled through my centerpiece activities in about 2 hours and watched an hour of monkey movies, then it was a waiting game for Mike to come home and TAKE US SOMEWHERE.


Of course when Mike got home, G was ready for a nap - so 3.5 hours later when he woke up we headed out to dinner.  T decided to skip his second nap this day, so we did a lot of looking at each other, which was hilarious.


Ok, so off to dinner at a local restaurant that had great reviews and authentic New Mexican food.  We arrived to be told we had an hour wait - AND WE DECIDED TO WAIT....I know you are asking yourself right now - WHY?  I don't have any idea...terrible decision.  We made it through the waiting part, by passing T around and jumping and throwing rocks with Graham.  We finally get seated and order and Track is D-O-N-E.  I don't think he has EVER lost it in public, but all of our normal tricks we rent working, so I took him out to the car and spanked him drove around until he fell asleep...all of about 30 seconds.  Mike got our stuff to go and we went home, got the boys to bed and sat down to eat our food. 

Only to open the boxes to this...
Is that food?  I'm STARVING at this point.  It WAS as disgusting as it looked.  This is supposed to be a stuffed sopapilla.  The box weighed about 3lbs and was filled with papitas, which I think it potatoes.

So, as you can see it was a higher stress day and my attitude was frazzled.  Lesson learned...I need to prepare ahead of time and make sure I get a regular decent meal or I am a bear.  I should have learned this from my friend Carie.

I was excited to go to sleep and wake up to a new day and Mike was done with work and he had big plans for Saturday.

If I had this day to do over again, I would have gotten up EARLIER to read and pray...that would have made all the difference. 

Let's Hear it for Food and Prayer

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heart goes out to ya! I hope the next day was better :)

    ReplyDelete