Monday, May 28, 2012

Daddy and G Project Time...

A few weeks ago we were at Home Depot and a really nice older woman gave G two bird houses to build at home.  This is the same woman who I had to dismiss after 5 minutes of trying to get G to look at her and say "thank you".  You know the moment that drags on for too long that you realize as a mom is not working out and you don't know how to move past it.  Graham was just too shy and no amount of waiting and holding this stranger captive was going to get him to say the words louder than a whisper directly into my shoulder.  So Home Depot Mam....THANK YOU.

Hammering

Gluing

Then a lot of this went on...Mike working and G...

Snack Break.


Painting.  I kept telling G how pretty I thought his painting was and Mike was teasing me that I tell him he does a good job at everything...good job sitting still baby, good job painting,  good job wearing that shirt, good job looking like you, good job just being here, good job blinking your eyes...you get the idea.  I guess I do take the praise to the next level...too much?  Nah.  I think after writing this I might even take it up a notch.  I could do better!

We decided the best place to hang it was on the play set to give it a little "flare".

I don't think it could get much better.  It's perfect.

Let's Hear it for Young Artists

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Heck, I'd eat bird seed outta that thing.

    ReplyDelete