Sunday, February 19, 2012

Growing up...

The time has come for a change with my big boy.  For the last few months we have had to position his crib "just right" so he doesn't play with the curtains, grab the bookshelf, catapult himself onto the big bed in the room or open the closet door - ha.  I have found him twice now out of his crib - once stacking his guys in front of the door and the other sitting in the dark playing with Mr. Potato Head.  All this is pretty good for a guy that has been able to climb out for about a year. 
I finally got some advice from my friend, Heather, and bought a bumper for his big bed.  It came in today - no time like the present, right?
Bye bye old room and sweet crib.

Fist step:  Remove box spring and insert bumper...jump on bed.

Next up:  Wave bye bye to crib - such a brave man.

G is much stronger than this mama - der.

Next:  Move some things around.  Hello lower bed and re-positioned chair.

Ok, it's time for bed:

Mike and I crawled up on the bed with him and discussed the rules...
1.  No jumping at night night time
2.  No getting up - say "mama come get me" in the morning

We read three books and found Mr. Gold Bug on three pages and off to bed.  He fussed a little, and wanted me to sing him 12 made up songs about colors, which IS my specialty and then I left. 

He was up in 30 seconds headed for the door because he was scared.  Mike put him back to bed and then he was up about 5 minutes later laying on the floor with all his guys and blankies and I put him back to bed.  He fussed a touch and then in a few minutes there was silence in the house.


This man is courageous and brave and I am so proud of him.  He is not great at change (who does that sound like), but he dominated this move.  In fact, he handled it better than I did.  I had to ask Mike to pray with me and thank the Lord for our healthy boy, that he is growing, that we have had the blessing of seeing him through 2 years and 4 months, and that we will likely get to see him wake up in this bed many more days, all to keep from crying. 

HE MADE IT!  He slept in until his normal 8:45am, until I heard him get into the closet and snake some toys.  What a stinker.  Apparently, we are going to have to work on rule #2.  Altogether, I am really pleased with the way it went.
Thank you Jesus for the blessing of this man.

Sniff Sniff - Tear Tear - OK...here we come new stage.

Let's Hear it for Strong & Courageous Graham Bo's

No comments:

Post a Comment