Monday, February 20, 2012

Zoo day...

The weather was great this last Sunday so we decided to venture out, with our community group, to the Dallas Zoo.
From left to right: Brynn, Jenn, Ethan, John, T, me, Mike. G. Betsy, Anabelle and Ben

Come on - that's a cute family.

EVERYONE - LOOK AT THE CAMERA....nope.








G is at a great age for the zoo.  He was so excited in the morning that I heard him playing by himself in the dining room and overheard him say "Hey Graham, wanna go see animals" - "ok, yes".  Hilarious.

Graham and Track were both amazing.  Track rode in the Ergo most of the zoo and then I switched him to the stroller at lunch.  Graham stood (out of sheer excitement) in the stroller most of the time, or he was running, or saying "oh, wow" or making animal noises.

It is really fun to experience the world all over again through the eyes of my children.

By the way, I know you are all thinking...ugh the Dallas Zoo- the Ft. Worth Zoo is so much better.  Well, word to the wise...I worked at the Ft. Worth Zoo for a year or so my freshman year of college.  Didn't know?  I wore a pith helmet, khaki shorts (with cuff), Khaki button down (tucked in), tan socks and hiking boots.  Don't believe me?  My room mates and I wore the pith helmet (often, actually really often) in college.  I also, attended the wedding of the Elephant Keeper and a friend of mine that worked at the Jungle Grill.  Their wedding was at Don Carters and they had tattoo rings and walked down the bowling lane (they needed special permission for that) to led zeplin.  AMAZING.  I kind of wish I still worked there. 

All that to say, in comparison to the Ft. Worth Zoo - it wasn't as awesome, but the Dallas Zoo did not really disappoint.

Let's Hear it for the Weddings at the Bowling Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment