Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gardening - Part II

In keeping with the New Years Resolution of "farming" here is our next step...

T was successfully down for a nap and G and I headed outside to clean up the garden.

Starting strong with some weed pulling...

which quickly digressed into balancing...

which promptly led to "Wheels off" - I'm outta here..."farming" is lame when there are so many other things to explore.   Apparently he did not think pulling the weeds was fun.  He ran off only to explore poop in the yard and scare Landry with his tricycle - AMAZING.

I look over at one point and he was drinking out of the dog bowl...GROSS.  Like full on lips contacting the bowl and tilted back like it was the best thing he had ever done.  Weird...he sees her drink out of that EVERY DAY.

An hour later I am done getting the weeds out and I break out a small shovel to "aerate" the soil.  Guess who come SPRINTING OVER like I was holding a million bucks?  Apparently, I should have gotten the shovel out in the first place.  However, the fun was short lived because I couldn't get him to stop shoveling the organic soil overboard.  I was trying not to freak out, but my A-Typeness kept cringing and seeing dollar bills flying off the shovel - so I had to pull the plug.

Ta da...all cleaned up and ready for the plance, you know like dance but with plants.

Graham will look outside now and say..."plant things to eat?"

That's right son, next on the list....PLANTING.

Let's Hear it for Farming in the Suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment