Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine...

This was probably the most successful and fun Valentines Day that this Hummel household has ever had.  No returning diamonds, or "don't get me a gift" even though I mean DO....sorry honey.  Anyway, the night before I hustled to get the "love bugs" ready for their big day.   I've the love bugs have been waiting for this all year, all tucked away in the closet waiting for their time to shine.


My step mom sweetly embroidered their initials on them last year before I even had T. 

Valentines Day is a weird holiday (to me anyway), and I knew I would need to explain to G why he is getting presents and why in the world we celebrate love - so I chose a verse to put on their cards that would be simple enough for my sweet Big Boy to understand...

Boys-

We love, because He first loved us.   1 Jn 4:19

Love,
Mama & Dada
Ok...Fast forward to V-Day morning.  I woke up to a card and two roses from my boys.
I know what you're thinking, their handwriting has really taken off.  I have said it before and I will say it again these are SMART boys.

So here is the fun part, I sneak into the boys rooms and invade their cribs with the bugs. 

Also, please note the THEME SHEETS that my step mom sent me.  I LOVE theme stuff!  Thank you Denise, these were perfect and will come out every V-day for my next baby and next baby and next baby and even the next baby - HA - Just kidding...well, no I'm really not!
Time to read and wait for the boys to wake up...so I am reading and waiting for the waking up to start happening.  I hear a noise then a cry (that's weird) then a agh agh aghhhhh and some more crying.  I go into G's room and his is mashed up in the corner of his crib saying..."mama scare-we, scare-we".  I explain to him that the love bug has presents in it and he instantly gets less scared.  I explain that he is getting gifts today because God loves us and we love him.  I am pretty sure he thought the gifts WERE from God.  I'm ok with that...he's two...so I just let it go.


The play dough was the big winner here.  My man LOVES play dough.

Time to help mama cook the usual Graham Slam Special breakfast.

The menu:  Two eggs, cheese, heart shaped pancakes, strawberries and blueberries.  They say b.fast is the most important meal...and at Chez Hummel it REALLY is.

Time to "bug" the littlest man.
He got a teething ring/ car keys in his bug.

I went to work and found an orchid and small gift of dark chocolate and organic peanut butter on my desk - perfect/ thoughtful gift.

We ended the day with some love notes from the boys grandparents and my sister.

and we said goodbye to the "love bugs" until next year...he didn't seem too sad - ha.

Let's Hear it for Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment