Sunday, December 25, 2011

Advent complete...

Well, Christmas is here and Graham and I's advent is over!  I loved sitting with him each morning at breakfast and learning a small truth.  I think I probably learned as much as he did.  The major take aways for my 2 year old are....

1.  He knows that all of the ornaments were about God.
2.  He knows that Christmas is Jesus' birthday.
3.  He gets that we exchange gifts to celebrate Jesus.
4.  He gets that Jesus/ God loves him.

He definitely couldn't grasp it all, but altogether it was a MAJOR success and I LOVED the structured time with my little one.  I'm excited to do this again next year...I know he will get a lot more next year.

All 24 days!
It's a little lot cluttered, but G likes to look at the window and get the ornaments down and play with them.  I had fun changing them out everyday and pointing back at them through out the day.

This is G pointing at his favorite one.  Jesus is the "Lamb of God".  Could be because this one is the last one we did, or because it has a fuzzy lamb on it. 
Regardless cute picture of him pointing.

I asked Graham how he felt about finishing the advent calender - he gave me this look. 
I would say he liked it!

Let's Hear it for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment