Monday, December 19, 2011

Deck the Halls...

Let's be honest, we only have one hall to deck.  We hauled the tree out of the garage and plugged it in and wool-ah, half of the lights were out.  After spending too much time trying to fix our 7 year old tree...Mike went and bought us a new "skinny" tree.  It is the first thing we have purchased to save room (EVER - why? I have NO idea) and I think Mike thought "hey we're skinny lean, let's get a chic skinny tree" (he was probably thinking we were chic also, to which I agree).


Side note:  I am blogging and watching Antique Roadshow (see chicness exuding).  This lady just brought in a weird Kewpie doll and they priced it at 10K, (WTheck?).  Mental note and advice for all my followers:  If you see this doll figurine creepin around at your grandma's house over Christmas - fawn over it and see if she will will it to you, or "accidentally" drop in your open gift box and run like the wind.


Ok, back to decking the hall...

At our house, each baby gets an ornament...and they go into a box with an explanation of why we picked it and then when they get married they can pry them out of my hands and take them with them (maybe).

Here are the 2011 picks.
T got a monkey...we let Graham pick it for him.  They kind of look alike, huh?

And G picked out a puppy, because he LOVES puppies.  He was feeling very silly while we were putting up the ornaments.  I tried to get some good pictures and I succeeded in getting the same quality I always get.  I am so talented.



Maybe I should try after bath time.
Ridiculous...

Ta Da...Skinny Tree!

We would also like to thank our neighbor, Craig, for actually decorating the outside of his house.  That is next on our list of "to do's"...we still have 6 days.  Graham loves playing in his lights.

Let's Hear it for Kewpies.

1 comment: