Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stocking Stuffer...

Graham got this tiny turtle in his stocking that grows up to 600% in water. 


We throw it in the bath with him one night and I am thinking this is going to win me lots of hugs and "you're amazing mama's".  We wait and wait and wait....nothing.  Disappointment sets in.  I read the package thinking maybe I am doing something wrong, not sure how when ALL you have to do is drop it in water.  Maybe I am supposed to throw it overhand like a baseball or stand on one foot and twirl it in or hold it under for a minute, or blow on it first. 

Nope...come to find out I put it in the water fine, but it could take up to 10 days to expand.

Dear .99 cent toy-
You don't have kids do you? 
Bless your heart,
Mama

So we find a jar and toss him in.

Here is our progress on day 2.  Maybe I should throw in some protein powder.

G is checking his progress every time we go to the kitchen.  God speed little turtle, God speed.

Please stay close to your computers fort he next ten days, stay home from work, don't shower - whatever it takes.  You won't want to miss this.  Good blogging material. 

Let's Hear it for 600%.

No comments:

Post a Comment