Sunday, January 29, 2012

Babies up early...

Both of the boys were up early this morning.  Come on guys, especially you - TRACK.  You have slept through the night a total of 5 or 6 times in your whole 5 months, so to get up early also is UNACCEPTABLE!

I was laying in bed at 7:30a or so and heard some crying - some LOUDER than normal crying.  I stumble out of my room and into T's room and he is laying there perfectly still - but the crying is still happening.  I am literally thinking to myself, as I stand over him, how is he doing that?  Then it hits me - it's not T it's G, der.  Stumble across the hall, open G's door, and say "baby, what's wrong", to which he responds "huh?" (approximately 10 times).  Then he asks me if sweeps (sheep) are scary or if they are not scary like pana bears (panda bears) - WEIRD.  I explain that sheep and panda bears are not scary (i realize panda bears are likely scary, but I needed him to go back to sleep, so...), hold him in the chair, rock him to sleep (which was really sweet) and put him back to bed.

Enter more crying:  T's room
Settle him in the swing so I can do some reading.

Ok, make tea - start reading...8:00a rolls around and T is not settled.  Feed T - now what?   Most days these kids aren't up until 9ish.  I know, I know...your kids get up really early - well mine go to bed later than your average cubby bear.

So, we read together...

looked at each other...

chewed on some stuff...

lazed around...

took a bath...

and then went back to bed.  That was a lot to do in an hour or so, but we had a fun time.  Buddy, maybe you should get up earlier more often (KIDDING).  Next time - SPANKING.

Then 9:30a rolls around and this guy gets up to his usual "Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity" breakfast.


Haven't had a hot breakfast in a while, come to the Hummel household...it's an EVERY morning occurrence.  Man this is one lucky toddler!

So that's our morning situation - interesting huh?  Good Blogging.

Let's Hear it for Late Sleepers

No comments:

Post a Comment