Friday, January 13, 2012

Trying something new...

Mike went out of town last week and I asked Kelsey to come over and help me with a new endeavor (due to my new book inspiration).
Making bread from scratch.

Recipe:  Pioneer Woman (Delicious Bread) - CHECK
Friend:  Red Hair - CHECK.


Track seems interested (I think he was contemplating spitting in it).

This is what the boys did most of the time.  SILLY.

Time for the dough to rise.  Ensue jumping on the bed and bath time.

Ok. boys in bed...time to knead. 

Bake for 30 min. 

Cut. 


And try with friend.

Was it good?  No. not really...ha.  It was so thick that it was a little hard to swallow, but it was a first for both of us and we did it from scratch.

Next week when Mike is out, homemade bird feeders.  Kelsey suggested Koozies and Tube Tops because that would benefit her singleness (25, loves Jesus, with red hair - comment if you know a good match) but that wouldn't be prudent around the boys, so bird feeders it is. 

Let's Hear it for someone to share bread with.

3 comments:

  1. Let's Hear it for Matchmakers. Seriously people, if you know a single, funny, athletic, tall, Jesus-loving, non smoking guy (did I just describe Mike? weird.), please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike has taken up smoking recently. Did I not tell you that? Remember when EVERYONE at the club thought you and Dr. Hare shoudl date? YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me laugh out loud. yes, it is 5:55am on Friday - and yes I was catching up on the best blog I can find anywhere on the world wide web.

    lets make bread again!

    ReplyDelete