Monday, January 16, 2012

T's Room....

Welcome to our newest nursery in the Hummel abode.
TRACKS ROOM!
Ok, starting to the left of the door.  Bread Pan bulletin board that I found in downtown McKinney.  As he gets older I want to put his art, pictures, etc. on it. 
T's bookshelf.  Also, purchased at my favorite antique store in downtown town McKinney.  I think it is an old metal medicine cabinet.  My favorite thing about this shelf is the giant "T".  We I looked everywhere for a light up T like the G that Graham has, with no luck.  I had given up for the time being and then at G's 2nd birthday party my Boss, Brent, shows up with this T that he MADE for us.  I will say it again....I am a SUCKER for homemade gifts.  I LOVE this and I think it is so kind that he heard me say I was looking for one and then he MADE this one for me.  This T is by far my favorite thing about T's room.

T's Crib.  Actually is is an antique Bassinet that my dad bought for me when G was born for about $100.00.  We had it re-finished and added legs to it and then my step mom made me brown corduroy bumpers.  I LOVE this bed, but I quickly found out that the babies can only stay in this crib for about 6 months until they start pulling up.  Also, all of the buttons that hold the bumpers on were given to me by dear friends that came to a shower for G.  They have sweet stories behind them and I can remember them all...they are really special to me.

Old shutter I bought at a tea room/ antique store in Ft. Worth at a little shower my mom and sister threw for me right before Track was born.  Also, the magic swing - sungaBunny!  We didn't have a swing for G and we borrowed one, my dad and Denise were sweet enough to buy this one for us.  We could NOT live without a swing.

Great curtains made by Denise and fabric picked out by G, Mike and me about 2 months before T was born.  Also, huge T that KelseyKayla and Kathy found for me...I obviously LOVE having the boys initials.

Mike won this leather chair by winning the Susan G. Komen race about 3 years ago - crazy, right?.  The barn window is straight from my g.pa's barn in Michigan.


This is the piece I bought first and built his room around.  I love the turquoise and can hopefully use this in his big boy room or some where else in the house.  The headers on the wall are inspired by decorations Jodi had in our college house.  As usual, I am a late adopter of anything cool.  Also, a tiny oil bottle given to me by Kelsey's mom, Kathy, - a sweet gift that often reminds me to be kind and think if others when I see things they might like.

T's closet...Mike installed some wire shelving for me a few weeks before T was born.

Mike took this picture (bible and coffee) and it has always hung in this room.  This was actually the first room we painted and lived in when the rest of the house was being renovated about 5 years ago.  The picture is a great reminder to me ,when I walk in his room, of who really comes first in my life.


Wondering what T was doing while all the picture taking was going on?  He was in his crib the whole time, didn't know, did you?

To end the tour, I really love that so many aspects of his room were inspired or added by other people...there are so many people that have shaped my life and made me a sweet mom to these kids.  Thank you!

Let's Hear it for my Youngest Baby TRACKSTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment