Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Come on in...

Mike and I are hoping (Lord willing) to move into a larger abode in 2012.  With that said, I don't want to forget what my tiny house looked like and specifically what the boys nursery's looked like.  So as I clean a room I want to chronicle it in pictures.

So WELCOME to our house...


G's Room
G's big boy bed that we bought him before he was born.  We are hoping to transition him in the next few months.  I bought this frame because it reminded me of the bed Jodi had when we lived together.  This is actually the first bed frame I have ever owned.

The barn window is from my grandfathers barn in Michigan.  We brought it home when he passed away in August 09, when I was pregnant with G.

Mike bought me the "H" on the wall from his last "guys trip" before having babies.  At the time we didn't have G named, so he went with Hummel.

A teddy bear - one of my first baby gifts from Kelsey.

Panning to the right - G's second crib. 
The first was actually an antique bassinet that T is sleeping in now.

G's closet. 
This was the first project Mike and I took on when we were preparing for G's arrival. 

Moving right again, the bookshelf and the giant letter G seen in all his birthday pics.

And last, his changing table and pottery barn chair.  His whole room is inspired by this chair, well actually by the orange walls that neither one of us wanted to change.  I bought this chair on craigslist and my step mother recovered it for me.  We still use it every day.  This is to date the best craigslist purchase I have ever made.  It might actually be the best purchase in general I have ever made.

Oh yes and the salt lamp we use as his reading light.  I think the pale orange glow will always stick in my head from sleepless nights trying to soothe him back to sleep when he was a newborn and now cuddling in his chair to read books before night night.

I love his room and I will be sad to take it all apart, but it has seen so many great memories.

Thanks for coming.  Next up, T's room.

Let's Hear it for Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment