Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Seriously?

Ok, so I shared a couple of posts ago that the book, Folks, This Ain't Normal, was changing my life - and it still is - more on that later. 

In the meantime, I have found another perk (pun intended, really always intended) that is changing my life also.  In an effort to tighten up the ole Hummel budget I went in search of recipes for Starbucks Vanilla Lattes and I think I have perfected the taste. 
See Ya Later $4 coffee, hello coffee in my favorite mug, at my house ANY time I want.  No lugging the boys into a storefront or going out of my way to a drive through across town.

So here it goes:  Brew some strong coffee (in my opinion any coffee will do, but we use an organic regular black coffee from Natural Grocers).  Put 1/4 cup of milk in a pan and heat it up, transfer to the blender and blend away until it creates foam (a couple minutes).  I have also used cold milk and it worked fine.  Add two teaspoons of vanilla extract and some stevia to the coffee and then pour in the milk and spoon on the foam. 

Wool Ah- Skinny Vanilla Latte T-bucks style.  It's REALLY IS delicious.


Let's Hear it for Saving Money.

1 comment:

  1. well done T.


    linda says you need to purchase a frother - changed her life. also - substitute coconut milk - for a non dairy coconut milk late :)

    ReplyDelete