Saturday, January 7, 2012

Your going to want to invite me over...

I actually have a specialty, "go to" dish - that's a first in my adult life.  I made an AMAZING Greek Salad for our community group on New Years (thanks to thepioneerwoman.com). 

The best part about it - is that it is super easy.  I timed myself (not shocking, I know) and it took me about 11 minutes to throw it all together.  Granted I had a crying baby in the background that was really speeding my role.

So here it is: 

Romaine, 1/2 red onion, two romas, kalmeta olives, cucumber, feta, parsley, salt and pepper.

Toss with homemade dressing and squeeze 1/2 a lemon on it and add some feta.

Homemade dressing:  1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbs red wine vinegar, 1 tsp sugar plus another dash, one minced garlic clove, salt, pepper, a handful of chopped olives.
FINALLY, a use for the cute dressing holder thingy that was my grandma's.

Everyone GUSHED about how great the salad was.  I think it must be the lemon and the dressing.  All this to say, put me on your list for holiday's, baby births, office parties,  big fat Greek weddings, etc...you will want to have this!  Just kidding about the Greek weddings, I happen to know a large Greek community at the club and I bet they would think this is ridiculous.  Please don't forward this to anyone Greek - Thank you!

I made this tonight for Kelsey and Clarisa at work tomorrow, just for fun...I hope it wasn't just a fluke the first time.  Time will tell.

Let's Hear it for Grecians.
(shout out to my sorority days - didn't know did you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment